How do I Prepare to Write a Lead-Generation Piece?
A: What follows is a brief summary of my process from the very beginning all the way to the finished piece of a typical lead-gen offer, such as a webinar, white paper, etc.
- The very first thing I do is read over all the information I have been given for the project. If it is a subject that I’m not overly familiar with (ie, real estate) I’ll go online and research how the product or service can help and take notes.
- Now, I can begin the outline I’ll use to ensure no information is excluded from the finished piece.
- First, I define if it’s a hard offer or a soft offer?
- What benefits does this product/service offer to the prospect?
- Next, I identify any gaps of knowledge the prospect may have about his problem and how to identify a solution to that problem.
- Keeping the focus on the prospect and his needs I begin to write my headline and subject lines (generally I am for between 25-50 possibilities for each).
- When I have a working headline I start to write my body copy highlighting the problem, and using my outline as my guide.
- Next, I introduce my offer as a solution to that problem.
- Then, I lay in the benefits of the offer, using as many benefits as I can without making it too long winded.
- I offer up some proof (case studies or testimonials are great for this)
- And then, I make the CTA, simply and clearly.
All my fees are in line with industry standards. Use the Contact Me form to get my Information Kit that describes everything in detail or call me Monday thru Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm EST